Employment match-maker – placing seasonal farmworkers into vacant roles, saving our clients the hassle and time spent finding suitable seasonal farmworkers themselves. We help and prepare seasonal farmworkers to land their dream roles, families and businesses to solve their general seasonal farmworkers' needs.
How To Get Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners That Will Make You And Your Farm More Productive
Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners Overview
Working on a farm can sometimes be stressful, especially if you have to work there full-time. It entails various activities that may be tedious and demanding in terms of time. However, most professionals such as doctors and teachers have always got an opportunity to work for organisations on a part-time basis while they maintain their original employment. Whereas this sounds impossible for farmworkers, Explore Dubai is here to let you know that it is possible.
Who And Where Are Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners Required?
These are frequently required in Canada, the USA, Australia and Europe. Unfortunately, these countries and regions are yet to exploit this labour force from Africa generally and Uganda in particular.
Hoh boy! They are missing this jewel. Uganda has one of the youngest populations in the world. These countries need to tap into this potential and see the magic in their seasonal labour demands.
Well, we are here to solve the puzzle for both employers and seasonal workers.
Try Us For Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners
We are quite excited to inform you brother and sister that you can be hired as a seasonal farmworker. We understand you might want to be interested in the farm but are afraid to lose your current job.
Drop the fears!
It is now confirmed that many farms are hiring workers who can give in a part of their time to work for a seasonal period. And to the farm owners with the best seasonal farmworkers. It never takes a lot of time; we are just a call away.
Why would anyone be interested in becoming a seasonal farmworker, anyway?
Well… Here is the deal about it: you get ample time to concentrate on your other work or business while earning from this seasonal work. Of course, this is just a representation of the many benefits of the job. As for the farm owners, once you have the best seasonal farmworkers, you make the best use of your time properly.
Let us briefly discuss what a seasonal farmworker is and does.
Who Is A Seasonal Farmworker?
As the word, seasonal suggests, seasonal farmworkers are employed to work farms temporarily and do not necessarily have to move from their permanent residence to work on farms. Instead, a seasonal farmworker performs temporary work for another to work on a farm at an agreed pay rate. This implies that the seasonal employer pays for the work done during the agreed standard seasonal work period. In other words, this worker is repeatedly hired to perform farm operations on a short-term basis. Therefore, seasonal farmworkers are employed for the past one year (twelve months), in farmwork of a seasonal nature and are not required to be absent overnight from their permanent places of residence.
Seasonal farmworkers perform activities such as these below:
Cultivating, planting and harvesting crops, especially the seasonal ones.
Working in the forestation of farms by engaging in various activities such as planting, transplanting, tubing, and thinning of seedlings and trees. Seasonal farmworkers also clear, pile and dispose of brush.
Duties And Responsibilities Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners
Since seasonal farmworkers have varied roles, as we already identified above, they perform the following duties and responsibilities to keep farm operations running:
- Seasonal farmworkers perform a number of crop farming operations, including cultivating, planting, irrigating, and harvesting seasonal crops. This is done on a short-term basis.
- It is also their responsibility to apply fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides to crops; this is done to ensure that the crops flourish on the farms.
- Seasonal farmworkers tend animals (livestock) and poultry by providing feeds, water and enough heating (especially for poultry). They are required to know the different feeds that the livestock and poultry feed on.
- They also operate, repair and maintain other farm equipment and types of machinery such as tractors, wheelbarrows, trowels, and other farm equipment and machinery. This equipment may sometimes get damaged. The workers who operate them must always report them to the mechanics for repair.
- Seasonal farmworkers are responsible for detecting health problems such as diseases in livestock, poultry or seasonal crops. When such health problems are reported in time, a
- solution is quickly figured out, saving the farm owner from losses. Seasonal farmworkers must not wait until the situation gets out of hand; they are always urged to respond to problems when they still can.
- Seasonal farmworkers repair farm structures such as bans, pens, houses for staff, and fences; they also assist in the maintenance of this farm infrastructure.
- In addition to the above, seasonal farmworkers are also required to clean kraals, barns, barnyards and stables to ensure enough sanitation on the farm.
- Seasonal farmworkers also examine the quality of the farm produce to ensure that it is suitable for marketing.
Job Qualifications For Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners
There are no specific formal qualifications for one to qualify as a farmworker. But anyhow, having an agriculture-related course would be an added advantage for someone applying for any position. That implies farmworkers do not necessarily require a college diploma or degree. Some various colleges and universities train people in various agricultural programs in Uganda. All they need is some on-the-job training on executing the various farm activities.
It’s only essential that they possess some skills and abilities and some experience in harvesting fruits.
What are these skills and abilities, anyway?
Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners Skills And Abilities
Since seasonal farmworkers must have formal qualifications, they are expected to possess some skills and abilities to help them execute farm operations without ease. Seasonal farmworkers are expected to keep the skills and abilities below.
- Seasonal farmworkers must have the ability to tolerate extreme temperatures (both hot and cold) for long hours in a day. Furthermore, one must also be willing and able to withstand various kinds of weather like heavy winds, heavy rains, and heavy sunshine.
- Also, they are expected to be in good health and have the physical strength to help them do farm activities with minimal or no health risks. Because seasonal farmworkers perform farm operations for long hours a day, they must be healthy, energetic and of good stamina to withstand the hardships that come with farm work. They must be fit enough to sit, stand, kneel, stretch, bend and squat for long hours while performing farm operations.
- Of necessity must be willing and able to work outdoors. Seasonal farmworkers must have the ability to endure challenging conditions, for instance, they must be tolerant of pests and thorns, among others.
- Seasonal farmworkers must have the ability to work with minimal supervision even though supervisors are always there to oversee the daily farm operations. Therefore, seasonal farmworkers are always urged to embrace the idea of self-drive to perform the farm operations assigned to them with no pressure of supervision. This is an essential requirement for every worker on the farm; it is for the worker’s good, but it also eases the work of farm managers and supervisors.
- They must also have the ability to work as a team. Most farm operations such as cultivating, planting, and harvesting practically require teamwork. Therefore, they must ensure that they maintain honesty and a good attitude and must be willing to treat fellow seasonal farmworkers with the respect they deserve.
- Seasonal farmworkers are expected to have excellent interpersonal skills to help them relate well with the rest of the team. They must be polite and considerate to their managers, fellow staff, or any other person.
- Another important skill required of seasonal farmworkers is that they must possess excellent hand-eye coordination to help them skip risks of occupational hazards. While they work, they should be very vigilant of any objects or poisonous creatures that may cause harm to their bodies.
- Seasonal farmworkers should also possess good communication and listening skills. That’s because there should be a good flow of communication among workers, supervisors, and other people on the farm.
Benefits/Features of Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners
Why We Have The Best Database Of Seasonal Farmworkers Anywhere:
- We vet only reliable and hard-working seasonal farmworkers.
- We ensure that we recruit only spotless track record seasonal farmworkers.
- Our seasonal farmworkers must be good communicators because we know that good communication is paramount for this position.
- We check and crosscheck for the proficients and behaviour of our seasonal farmworkers.
- The moralities of our seasonal farmworkers must gel with the highest traditions of quality service.
- Our seasonal farmworkers must know that knowledge of technologies is an evolving reality whose every nuance they must master.
Minimum Qualifications For Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners.
Our applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications for qualifying as seasonal farmworkers:
- Applicants must be 21 years old and not above 35 years.
- Applicants must have a valid national ID.
- Applicants must qualify to obtain a Ugandan passport.
- Applicants must at least have a one-year working experience.
- Previous employers and references will be verified.
- They should have a stable work history and good references.
How It Works
How To Recruit Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners From Us.
Schedule a free consultation now! Or
Call us today or
WhatsApp now or
Tell us the requirements:
Other employment benefits
We promise to respond immediately or, if not possible, within 12 hours.
We shall give you twice the required number of CVs for selection
We shall organise interviews as per your reference either by:
Physical interview- We shall help organise your accommodation and venue
We shall carry out necessary government clearances
We shall send all the successful candidates as soon as you want us to.
If practical interviews are required; we shall:
- Arrange and provide testing in their proficiencies
- Arrange the examination room, facilities, and invigilators
- Arrange with the security agencies and provide security for visitors, participants, and the venue.
Happy customers will always say it
“A lie runs the field halfway before the truth puts on its pants”.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Pricing Seasonal Farmworkers Jobs For Foreigners
How much does it cost?
Our recruitment is ideally free.
However, we also know the international labour market is diversified with each country’s specific labour requirements and laws. Therefore, we shall discuss your quote one-on-one if you so desire.
We take pride in offering affordable yet superior services.
Our unconditional Guarantee
We are so confident that you will love our seasonal farmworkers. We offer a 100% three-month performance guarantee. We shall replace any fruit pickers that do not satisfy your expectations for free.
CTA (Call to Action)
We know it is stressful to source a reliable worker to match your interests and vision. And because we know that a good seasonal farmworker gives peace of mind by doing the things that set you at ease, we are at your service.
Schedule a free consultation now! Or
Call us today or
WhatsApp now or