Paid Farm Work Abroad, Employment match-maker – placing farmworkers into vacant roles, saving our clients the hassle and time spent finding suitable farmworkers themselves. We help and prepare farmworkers to land their dream roles, families and businesses to solve their general farmworkers' needs.
How To Get General Farmworkers That Will Make You And Your Farm More Productive
Paid Farm Work Abroad Overview
Quite a several people have a low attitude towards farming. But they are wrong. Farming is the mother of all ‘professions’. It could even be the oldest trade on Earth…who knows?
It is true farming used to be a hectic economic activity. However, the advancement in technology has eased the farming process.
However, in the wake of all these technological innovations in agriculture, having workers on your farm remains the ideal thing.
But a tractor can plough a massive piece of land in the shortest time possible, one may argue in that school of thought. But a tractor is operated by a person! Oh, wow, I guess that would be a brilliant discussion. A very light one, though.
For goodness’ sake, doesn’t over 95 per cent of the food we eat come from farms or gardens?
So why then are jobs on the farms less advertised, say on mainstream media, social media and other platforms?
So many jobs on the farms remain unexplored, but that is no big deal – Explore Dubai Limited will help you explore them and get you the best general farmworkers you will need for both small-scale and large-scale farming.
Before we get into the process of finding you the best general farm workers, let us first explore who a general farm worker is and what they are hired to do on the farms.
What Is It To Be A General Farm Worker?
Generally speaking, general farmworkers are employed to cultivate, plant and harvest crops and raise domestic animals (livestock) and poultry. Some farmworkers are also assigned to repair farm equipment and buildings (structures). General farmworkers are employed on the following farms:
- Livestock farms
- Vegetable farms,
- Fruit farms
- Crop farms
What Job Titles Are Available For General Paid Farm Work Abroad?
As we have seen in our definition of a general farm worker above, there are several tasks performed on the farm, and so are the job titles. Let us have a quick look at these positions:
- General farmworkers
General farmworkers cultivate, plant, and harvest crops and look after domestic animals (livestock) and poultry.
- Beef cattle farm worker
This one is responsible for the feeding, birthing and breeding on the farm. They also care for the animals’ welfare and identify animals that may be sick.
- Cattle ranches labourer
A cattle ranch labourer is employed to inspect livestock and make reports on any sick animals on the farm. In addition, they offer feeds (such as pasture) and water.
- Grain farm worker.
This worker is responsible for tasks on the grain farm; these activities include but are not limited to cultivating, planting, and irrigating.
- Poultry farm worker.
This is responsible for the collection of eggs and feeding of the poultry. They also check the poultry and ensure that there is enough water and heating on the farm.
- Dairy farm worker
A dairy farm worker assists in daily farm operations such as feeding, breeding, calving, milking and giving water to the animals.
- Farm machinery operator
This worker uses agricultural equipment such as tractors and conveyor belts to execute farm activities like ploughing, sowing seeds and harvesting crops.
- Harvester machine operator
A harvester machine operator performs tasks related to the harvesting of crops. Activities like hay bucking, crop baling, and threshing, ginning, shelling, and Huskin of the already harvested crops.
- Hatchery farmworkers
They are in charge of a hatchery; a building where artificial hatching of chicks and fish occurs.
Some of the workers listed above may work as full-time workers, and others may work on a part-time basis depending on the overall demand.
Duties And Responsibilities Of Paid Farm Work Abroad
- We understand that general farmworkers have varied roles, as we identified above; however, they must fulfil the duties and responsibilities to keep business flourishing.
- General farm workers perform a number of crop farming operations, including cultivating, planting, irrigating, and harvesting.
- It is also their responsibility to apply fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides to crops; this is done to ensure that the crops thrive.
- They tend animals (livestock) and poultry by providing feeds, water, and heating (especially for poultry). Therefore, general farm workers must know the different meals that the livestock feed on.
- Additionally, they must operate dairy processing equipment such as the milking machine. Finally, they should have the skill of milking cows manually.
- They also operate, repair and maintain other farm equipment and machinery such as tractors, wheelbarrows, and trowels. Unfortunately, this equipment may sometimes get damaged. Therefore, the workers who operate them must always report them to the mechanics for repair.
- They detect health problems such as diseases in livestock, poultry or crops. When such health problems are reported in time, a
- solution is quickly figured out, saving the farm owner from losses. General farm workers must not wait until the situation gets out of hand; they must act quickly.
- General farm workers repair farm structures such as bans, pens, houses for staff, and fences; they also assist in maintaining this farm infrastructure.
- They are obligated to follow the food safety and security procedures stipulated in any rules, regulations or policies governing farms.
- It is also the responsibility of the general farmworkers to examine the quality of the farm produce to ensure that it is suitable for marketing.
Paid Farm Work Abroad Job Qualifications
There are no specific formal qualifications for one to qualify for this job. But anyhow, having an agriculture-related course would be an added advantage for someone applying for any position. That implies farmworkers do not necessarily require a college diploma or degree. All they need is some on-the-job training on executing the various farm activities.
It’s only essential that they possess some skills and abilities and some experience in harvesting fruits.
What are these skills and abilities, anyway?
Paid Farm Work Abroad Job Skills And Abilities
Much as there are no specific formal qualifications for general farmworkers, they are expected to possess some skills and abilities to help them execute their tasks without ease. General farm workers are expected to have these skills and abilities.
- General farm workers must have the ability to withstand all sorts of weather like heavy winds and heavy rains or even heavy sunshine.
- Also, they are expected to be in good health and have good physical strength to help them do the farm activities with minimal or no health risks. General farm workers work all day long, and therefore, they must be healthy, energetic and of good stamina.
- They must have the ability to work with minimal supervision. However, supervisors are always there to oversee the daily farm operations. Therefore, general farm workers are always urged to be self-driven to execute their duties with no pressure of supervision. This is an essential requirement for every worker on the farm; it yields good results for the workers and the farm owners.
- They must also have the ability to work as a team. Most farm operations such as cultivating, planting, and harvesting practically require teamwork.
- General farm workers are expected to have excellent interpersonal skills to help them relate well with the rest of the team. They must be polite and considerate to their managers, fellow staff, or any other person.
- Another important skill required of general farm workers is that they must possess excellent hand-eye coordination to help them skip risks of occupational hazards. While they work, they should be very vigilant of any objects that may cause harm to their bodies.
- General farmworkers should also possess good communication and listening skills. That’s because there should be a good flow of communication among workers, supervisors, and other people on the farm.
Our Promise Paid Farm Work Abroad
We recruit general farmworkers who understand the challenge of getting the job done and how it is a practical experience beyond the confines of what they studied in school.
We promise that our general farm workers will follow several core competencies that serve as the basis of their duty of executing farm operations and helping them out with any information they might be seeking.
Before our general farm workers accept to take on the role, they must first develop several competencies to the highest possible standards, and these competencies are:
- The knowledge and skills in executing their tasks, duties, and responsibilities and interpersonal skills that come with treating clients and customers the best way they would like to be treated.
- A keen understanding of what is required to increase their knowledge of the farm needs, thereby making their clients’ and customers’ interests a key priority.
- The ability to accurately assess the farm products’ behaviour to match their work to the level of competence we demand and expect.
Benefits/Features From Paid Farm Work Abroad
Why We Have The Best Database Of General Farm Workers In Uganda:
- We vet only reliable and hard-working general farm workers.
- We ensure that we recruit only spotless track record general farm workers.
- Our general farm workers must be good communicators because we know that good communication is paramount for this position.
- We check and crosscheck for the proficiencies and behaviour of our general farm workers.
- The moralities of our general farm workers must gel with the highest traditions of quality service.
- Our general farm workers must know that knowledge of technologies is an evolving reality whose every nuance they must master.
Minimum Qualification For General Farm Workers Or Paid Farm Work Abroad
Applicants meet the following minimum qualifications for qualifying as general farm workers.
Applicants are at least 21 years old.
Applicants must have a valid national ID.
Applicants must qualify to obtain a Ugandan passport.
Applicants must at least have a one-year working experience.
Previous employers and references will be checked and verified.
Applicants show stable work history and good references.
How it Works
How To Recruit General Paid Farm Work Abroad Or Farmworkers From Us
Schedule a free consultation now! Or
Call us today or
WhatsApp now or
Tell us the required:
Other employment benefits
We promise to respond immediately or, if not possible, within 12 hours.
We shall give you twice the required number of CVs for selection
We shall organise interviews as per your reference either by:
Physical interview- We shall help organise your accommodation and venue
We shall carry out necessary government clearances
We shall send all the successful candidates as soon as you want us to.
If practical interviews are required; we shall:
Arrange and provide testing in their proficiencies
Arrange the examination room, facilities, and invigilators
Arrange with the security agencies and provide security for visitors, participants, and the venue.
What Our Clients Say
Pricing Of Paid Farm Work Abroad
How much does it cost?
Our recruitment is ideally free.
However, we also know the international labour market is diversified with each country’s specific labour requirements and laws. Therefore, we shall discuss your quote one-on-one if you so desire.
We take pride in offering affordable yet superior services.
Our unconditional Guarantee
We are so confident that you will love our general farm workers. We offer a 100% three-month performance guarantee. We shall replace for free any farmworker that does not satisfy your expectations.
CTA (Call To Action)
We know it is stressful to source a reliable worker to match your interests and vision. And because we know that an excellent general farm worker gives peace of mind by doing the things that set you at ease, we are at your service.
Schedule a free consultation now! Or
Call us today or
WhatsApp now or